Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Already Busy

The school year has started and I have already been swamped with more work than I want. I'm having a fun time trying to find the right balance of caffeine to make it through the day, so far I've been failing. We'll see how I survive the rest of the week.

I held my first discussion section yesterday. I met all of my students, they are all freshman! It's excited to be able to mold their first semester of college life. I really want them to do well and further pursue mathematics, whether it be in application or in research. The first day was review of Calc 1 material, tomorrow will be the start of new material. The course already has a wiki for all class information, but I still want to create my own website for announcements and resources. That may be overstepping my role as a section leader and not the main teacher, but I want to be more involved in their learning.

Classes as a student have been good so far, I still have one class that hasn't met yet (it will tomorrow). It looks like a lot of work in my future, but it should be fine. I think I will like it, or I will learn to like it (I guess).

No comments:

Post a Comment