Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Time Management

I feel that balancing the teacher-student-tutor roles in my life is a losing battle to time management. I know being a full time teacher next year will be tiring and time consuming, but I feel that having one role will be easier to manage. Right now it's not simply teaching one thing, taking one class, tutoring one student, I have multiple streams of thought and action in each of my roles. Maybe when I'm a teacher I can focus on just one domain of my professional life.

Because of this crunch, I don't feel that I am learning a lot from my courses. There's nothing particularly new or stimulating in any of the new courses this semester, much of what the new courses are covering were detailed in my methods course (so I see no need for distinction other than a line on my transcript).

Current teachers, veterans and new, what is your schedule like when you teach? Do you have 12 hour days all throughout the week? Are you able to do things more at your discretion? I would like some advice here if I can ask for it.

I wanted to take some time to write, basically, that I'm busy. Now back to my multiple lives. I will try to write a better post about what I am learning in my assessment course over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment